Who Do You Know That Hasn’t Been Robbed?

Home break-in’s are painful to think about, but it’s something we must consider. Every one of us locks our doors and places bars across our windows and that is not to keep the flies out. We all understand the threat of theft is real and that the loss is actually much worse because we do need to replace those stolen or damaged items.

Living in the tropics also puts us squarely in a zone at risk for natural catastrophic events such as cyclones or fire. Our HFC Home & Contents Insurance Policy will ensure that your dwelling and its contents are adequately protected with quality coverage and with a competitive premium. The HFC House & Contents Insurance is underwritten by one of the oldest and most trusted insurance company in Fiji, TOWER Insurance (Fiji) limited.

Two Different Levels of Covers

HFC House & Contents Policy allows you to choose what level of cover you want to suit your insurance needs:

  • Replacement Value
  • Indemnity Value (The two levels are explained fully below)

Replacement Value

Replacement value means we cover the cost rebuilding, replacing or repairing your house to a new condition – up to a maximum of the sum insured.

Indemnity Value

This cover is more limited than the Replacement Value Option. Indemnity Value means that we cover the cost of rebuilding or repairing your house to a condition no better than new, less an appropriate allowance for depreciation and deferred maintenance – up to the sum insured.

Specified Perils for House & Contents Cover includes:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion, thunderbolt;
  • Strike, riot, civil commotion;
  • Aircraft, aerial devices;
  • Burglary and theft, malicious acts;
  • Impact by vehicles, animals;
  • Water discharged, overflowing or leaking from any water or cooling system;
  • Breakage of mirrors, plate glass tops of furniture, fixed glass in furniture;

Optional Benefits Applicable To House & Contents

Gale, Windstorm, Hurricane, Cyclone

If you have selected this benefit we will pay for physical loss or damage caused by gale, windstorm, hurricane or cyclone to your house (and your contents if selected).
(Current Cyclone Engineers Certificate required)


If you have selected this benefit t we will pay for physical loss or damage caused by earthquake, volcanic eruption, geothermal or hydrothermal activity or tsunami.

Both types of cover provide added benefits:

Temporary Accommodation Expenses

If you suffer a loss and your home is temporarily inhabitable, we will pay for reasonable accommodation, up to $5,000 over and above your sum insured.

Owners Liability Protection

We will pay up to $500,000 for your legal liability resulting from accidents at your house.

Frozen Food

If your refrigeration equipment accidentally stops and your frozen food deteriorates to the point that it is unfit to eat we will pay you up to $500. This benefit does not insure you for loss due to electricity power failure caused by gale, windstorm, hurricane or cyclone even if you have selected the Optional Special Benefit – Gale Windstorm, Hurricane, and Cyclone.

Voluntary Excess

In order to lower your premium even further, you may volunteer to increase your excess. Ask us to give you quotes at different excess levels.


The above is only a summary of our policy. Please refer to the policy document for full details.
Click here to download the application form.

Underwritten by Tower Insurance


  • Latest News

  • Copyright © 2015 - Home Finance Company Ltd